Saturday, February 21, 2015

16 hours

my heart is beating quicker than it’s supposed to 
and I don’t think I can stay in the same room as
 you without falling from my skin
 and I’m falling 
and my heart just hit the ground and the rest of me 
is spilling out
 and this was supposed to be a poem about love
 and the way you make me feel like I’m wrapped in
outer space, warm under a blanket of stars, like 
I’m safe 
but I’m burning alive and stars aren’t as pretty 
when they’re hot in your throat 
and you loved me you loved me last night but that 
was 16 hours ago and 16 hours doesn’t seem like 
enough time to fall out of love
but it is
and 16 hours doesn’t seem like enough time to 
fix yourself 
because it’s not 
so I think I’ll stay here in the dark for awhile 
because the sky is pitch-black without the stars 
and we fell asleep in love
 and I’m the only one who woke up
 and I’ve been shaking you 
and you won’t hold my hand like I need you to 
and I miss you 
I miss you 
and I bet that you won’t call your 
father back 
like I do
 I fucking do 
and I see the entire world in you 
and all you see in me is a black hole
 and you used to like the way I laughed
and the way I tuck my hair behind my 
ear when I’m nervous
but that was 16 hours ago
and apparently 16 hours is enough time
to fall out of love

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey Reader,

Wow! Glad you are here. Would love to read your comment(s). Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. The content of this blog is copyright protected ©

Have a great day!! :)
~ Dia